My Journey to a Thinner, Healthier Me
Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy reading along as my journey goes along, my rants and raves, my successes and my disappointments.
- I was born June 18th, 1961 on Father's Day to Earl & Martha Sibbald. Was raised in the township of Wainfleet where my parents still live in the house my father built. I have 1 younger brother. I graduated Port Colborne High School in 1978 and went on to Sheridan college where I studied animated cartooning. Do to major problem with my knees and many surgeries, I never completed my college education at Sheridan. I took piano lessons when I was younger and even won a Gold Medal in the Niagara Falls Kawanis Music Festival. I went on to learn how to play many instruments including, baritone sax, mandolin, acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar and bit of the banjo. I went on the road with a band from Oshawa for 3 years, playing all over Ontario before moving back to Niagara, living in Welland and played bass guitar in a few local bands for about 15 years. I Love to draw & paint. I am self taught in crocheting and I love all kinds of crafty things to do.
My Journey Begins Feb 1, 2007
- Starting Weight: 299lbs
- May 31/07: 270 lbs - 10% goal reached!
- July 26/07 258.6 lbs. 40.4 pounds reached!
- Sept 13/07: 248.4 lbs. 50.6 pounds lost!
- Nov 1/07: 238.2 lbs 60.8 pounds lost!
- Dec 13/07: 228.8 lbs 70.2 pounds lost!
- Feb 14/08: 218.6 lbs 80.4 pounds lost!
- Apr 24/08: 209 lbs - 90 pounds lost!
- May 29/08: 198.8 lbs. 100.2 pounds gone!
- July 10/08: 189 lbs 110 pounds gone!
- July 17/08: 186.4 lbs
- July 24/08: 184.8 lbs
- July 31/08: 183.6 lbs
- Aug. 7/08: 181.8 lbs
- Aug 14/08: 183.4 lbs
- GOAL!!!!!!!!!! AUG 21/08: 179.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!! Total lost: 119.8 lbs
Onto Maintenance Now
112 pages of Low fat/Low cal Slow Cooker Recipes (with Nutitional Information for all)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Well, after 20 months I have made it LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is something to be very proud of. Our Leader Helen, presented me with flowers from the staff at our meetings, my lifetime card, ribbon and key for my ring. I am totally on cloud 9. It has been A LOT of very hard work to get to this point on my lifelong journey and certainly no time to say well that is done and now I can eat whatever I want. I will continue to live this healthy lifestyle.
The next step on my journey is to work for WW, hopefully as a leader one day, so I can inspire and help others to obtain their goals as much as Helen and everyone at the meetings and the WW message boards has done and will continue to do.