My Journey to a Thinner, Healthier Me
- I was born June 18th, 1961 on Father's Day to Earl & Martha Sibbald. Was raised in the township of Wainfleet where my parents still live in the house my father built. I have 1 younger brother. I graduated Port Colborne High School in 1978 and went on to Sheridan college where I studied animated cartooning. Do to major problem with my knees and many surgeries, I never completed my college education at Sheridan. I took piano lessons when I was younger and even won a Gold Medal in the Niagara Falls Kawanis Music Festival. I went on to learn how to play many instruments including, baritone sax, mandolin, acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar and bit of the banjo. I went on the road with a band from Oshawa for 3 years, playing all over Ontario before moving back to Niagara, living in Welland and played bass guitar in a few local bands for about 15 years. I Love to draw & paint. I am self taught in crocheting and I love all kinds of crafty things to do.
My Journey Begins Feb 1, 2007
- Starting Weight: 299lbs
- May 31/07: 270 lbs - 10% goal reached!
- July 26/07 258.6 lbs. 40.4 pounds reached!
- Sept 13/07: 248.4 lbs. 50.6 pounds lost!
- Nov 1/07: 238.2 lbs 60.8 pounds lost!
- Dec 13/07: 228.8 lbs 70.2 pounds lost!
- Feb 14/08: 218.6 lbs 80.4 pounds lost!
- Apr 24/08: 209 lbs - 90 pounds lost!
- May 29/08: 198.8 lbs. 100.2 pounds gone!
- July 10/08: 189 lbs 110 pounds gone!
- July 17/08: 186.4 lbs
- July 24/08: 184.8 lbs
- July 31/08: 183.6 lbs
- Aug. 7/08: 181.8 lbs
- Aug 14/08: 183.4 lbs
- GOAL!!!!!!!!!! AUG 21/08: 179.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!! Total lost: 119.8 lbs
Onto Maintenance Now
112 pages of Low fat/Low cal Slow Cooker Recipes (with Nutitional Information for all)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
I was at the scales fairly early and my leader just let out this hoot..... YIPPEE! Everyone stopped and looked. Then I was just beaming. When the meeting started, Helen, our leader gave me my 100 pounds ring for my keychain. She was just soooo proud. Everyone cheered for me. I was just a little overwhelmed to say the least. 16 months ago, I never thought I would get this far, my self confidence was nil and I was so discusted with myself.
WW has taught me so much, first and foremost, to love myself. I am worth it. This took a lot of soul searching to realize it. Thinking positive. That is so important. Negativity draws the negative towards us. I work on the positive each and every day. I have learned to say NO THANK YOU. Some people's noses get a tad out of joint, but they will get over it and I do what I need to do, for me and only me. This is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle change and I have changed my lifestyle around 360 degrees.
I probably could write a novel after I get to goal, maintenance and then lifetime, but the novel will never end..... so my hope is to oneday, share my journey with others, possibly as a success story and then a WW leader. WW has changed my life.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I LOVE GOLF! I sure wish I had taken up the sport many years ago. Had my 2nd lesson yesterday and the pro was very pleased. He saw a lot of improvement in me after just 2 weeks. We have 18 holes booked for this Sunday. It's a friend's b-day and that is what she wants to do and I have no problem with that. We've also entered a tournament for the 25th of this month. It's a fun one with all proceeds going to our local SPCA. Should be a good time.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
I went into Walmart today and I actually bought clothes without trying them on! No plus sizes, and it sure felt good. Tried them on when I got home and they fit me great. Well actually, I bought large polo style tops for golfing and I could actually have gotten medium! I will know for next time. But it sure did feel good just buying regualr clothes.
I have decided that when I reach lifetime, I am going to apply to be a Weight Watcher leader. I am very passionate about helping others and would be a honour to be able to help others achieve the same success that I have.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
WI this morning was great. Am down -2.8 pounds for a grand total of 92.8 pounds. Wooohooo! 7.2 pounds to get to 100 pounds lost and 31.2 pounds to get to my goal.
This past week has been great all around. Got in lots of exercise including my first golf lesson. I have found a sport I am really going to enjoy. We spent 1 3/4 hours at the driving range and also got in 9 holes of golf. Hopefully the weather will warm up somewhat and no rain and hope to get out a couple times this week and arrange for another lesson as well.
This Sat is our banquet for the Cribbage League I belong to. Our team took the season's champs. It is another eating hurdle but I am managing all the unknowns when it comes to eating a meal I have no idea how it is prepared and account for everything. Will make sure to get some new pics as well.